Whirlwind of an April


Where do I start! In a nutshell, the month of April held a trip to Kelowna for Easter, my parents coming for a visit and to babysit Jonas while Keith and I flew off to Costa Rica for one of my best friends weddings and then visits from some great friends. I always tell friends who have family close by, how lucky they are to have family around. Well, I am fortunate that my parents come when needed and they definitely came thru for us! My Dad was here for a few days and then left my Mom to watch Jonas while we were in Costa Rica. Although we missed him dearly, I think he was having his own all-inclusive right here in Burnaby! They did more activities than I probably do with him in a month! Keith and I had a great time celebrating the wedding of our friends Anita and Jason. Thirty-five of their friends and immediate family came to help celebrate and I was honoured to be in the wedding party. If you know us well, than you know that many of our closest friends live or are from Kitimat and it was great to walk outside our hotel room and have some great friends to hang out with for the week. We definitely made some great memories but it wouldn't have been possible if Mom hadn't taken on Jonas for the week, so THANKS MOM!

When we came home, Jonas' vocab seemed to have increased abundantly! It just amazes us what a little boy he's become! Just today he pointed up at a helicopter and said "Mommy, I heard it, I heard the helicopter!" Now that's a sentence! He's also very independant and wants to do everything "by myself". He comes up and down the stairs by himself and in and out of the car. It's great but it also requires alot of patience as it takes twice as long to do it "by myself!" We've also enjoyed a visit of a dear friend of mine Erin, who I've known since I was born! We hadn't seen each other in 3 years and so it was great to catch up. A week later Debbie came for a visit and although we were together in Costa Rica, it was great to get together for the night. Yes, we do sound like a revolving door and some do call us the "Ribeiro Hotel"! The month of May though, will be focusing more on house matters. We're still on the hunt for a house and are finding it hard to find "the one". Not much more to say on that for the moment except frustration. Trying to be content with what we have but I feel that a change needs to happen and not just "having a baby" kind of change. Or maybe I'm not hearing what God really wants of us right now?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog