Updates

When we first created the blog, we updated often, almost weekly. With our updates becoming more monthly, you can tell how busy having a family of four has been! I often have said we're very busy but not "socially"! From this blog, we create a yearly photo album that I have printed and I use alot of the blog entries within the album. So this blog is as much for you, our friends and family, as it is for us to keep our memories for our Jonas and Nadia to read about later when they're older. This is my little explanation for why I've titled this entry "updates", I feel we've had many little updates over the last month that I want written for future reference.

The last 2 weeks of August found us daily at our local swimming pool where Jonas took lessons every day. He was hesitant at first but by day 3 he could hardly wait til swimming class! Then off we flew to Kitimat for 10 days to take in friends, family and a wedding. We love Kitimat. We love that it takes 4 minutes to get anywhere, that you can do 10 things in one day and not feel exhausted, that I could meet with girlfriends in minutes for a great power walk and coffee, for last minute fishing trips ( highlight for Keith ), wine, dinners with great friends and family, running into highschool friends and having great conversation like we saw eachother yesterday, did I mention it takes 4 minutes to get anywhere! No, we're not moving to Kitimat, but more and more we realize that we don't enjoy the busyness of the city with kids involved or the thought of raising our kids in a city. Things definitely change when you have kids. Not sure where this is leading but we're a work in progress. Keith and I have both been feeling restless this month which makes us excited and nervous as to where this will lead us.

Which brings us now to the next chapter starting. I start back to work in one week after having been off for 14 months and I just feel uneasy about the effect it'll have on Jonas and Nadia and .... I could go on but it's not like I'm the first one to ever have this conundrum. I want the "perfect situation" and just feel things aren't "perfect" for my return to work. I wish I could send Jonas to preschool( childcare issues), I wish........

Now the most important thing of the week is that our beautiful baby girl is turning ONE tomorrow!!! I feel like we've been celebrating her first birthday the whole month of September. Where has the year gone! She can take about 7 steps before she falls down, loves to be where the action is and play with all of Jonas' toys ( much to Jonas' displeasure!), her 3rd tooth came in Sept 14th ( #61) and at last weigh in was 19 lbs. ( a month or so back, she was weighed at 23 lbs?? We thought something didn't sound right as she definitely didn't look that size. Now with her weight at 19.1 lbs, it's clear there was an error back then. I guess the math was wrong!?!) She likes to read books, take baths and loves to dance to music! We sing quite regularly at home and notice her mouthing most of the letters to "ABC's". We are so thankful that she was born full term and healthy after our earlier scares of preterm labour! It seems fitting with Thanksgiving approaching, that we'll be having a baby dedication at our Church Thanksgiving Sunday, giving thanks to God for our baby girl. We have so many things to be thankful for...hmmm, maybe I need to change my blog entries to things we're thankful for....stay tuned!

Update for Jonas~ happiest when he is playing with his friends, started playing in a soccer program, takes skating lessons and loves to help with everything!

Pictures to come soon :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog