Autumn

There are many times when I want to remember things I see and hear, especially from the kids, so I can write them down on this blog, and never ever forget. I can't remember everything by the time I sit down to start writing, but one thing I can remember happened tonight when Jonas started reading a book to me at the dinner table. I thought to myself: I think no one can really grasp the profound power of reading until they hear their own child reading to them. A small part of me is sad that Jonas is no longer completely dependent on us but most of me is proud that he has grown up so strong and is learning so well. He writes his school Journal almost everyday and even wrote his first 'book' - Robert Munsch style about a 'monster' entering a Mom's house and "the Mom went, like, 'aaaahhhh'!" I don't know how he created such a story but I promise to feature it on a future post.

Nadia has become quite the vibrant little girl with very much her own style and unique personality. She is now one of the senior kids in preschool and certainly reflects this mature attitude and confidence at home too. Seeing her dressed up for Halloween in black hair and makeup was a bit of a shock. She's still our little girl and loves to play hide and seek. Even in the mornings - just about every one, where I drop Jonas off at the neighbors before school, Nadia will run ahead and hide behind the bike trailer. I think the first time she did that I thought I lost her and got a bit scared - shows how much control over us she has.

This season our weeks look like this: Monday: work, school. Tuesday: work, school, swimming lessons (both), Wendy's take-out for dinner (sometimes) Wednesday: work, school, Jonas soccer practice, Thursday: work (Keith), school (Jonas), hockey (Keith). Friday: work (K), school (J), Nadia soccer. Saturday: Jonas soccer game, skating, Sunday: church. Amanda has her occasional meetings and workouts  - not as many as she'd like, but we depend on her so much she's not let go so easily. It's a busy life but a life worth living.


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog