The African Children's Choir GalaJasmine and Jonas sharing a moment



Jonas cheering for the Canucks....although he cheers for the zamboni even more!


Olivia and Jonas sharing a bowl of blueberries....yum...yum...
Well, first of all, thank you to all who volunteered to watch Jonas for us! In the end if all worked out and Keith and I were able to go to the African Children's Choir Gala at the Hotel Vancouver downtown! It was fabulous...Keith and I looked like we were going to a wedding on a Tuesday night! ( thank you Erin for watching Jonas!) The entertainment was fabulous and more importantly they raised alot of money for a new school for the choir back in Africa. There were many big names there including Bob Geldof who was honoured for his work with Africa, Beth Nielson Chapman and Paul Rodgers to name a few. Bob Geldof gave an amazing speech that really makes my day to day complaints so minimal. There is so much more we should be doing for these children and its crazy what the reality is. For example, the USA Budget for foreign aid is ONLY 0.16%! I could pull out some more stats but really this site is suppose to be for Jonas, I just thought I'd put this subject in your thoughts for a moment! The Children were great and we wanted to take them all home at the end of the night! This past week we have been overwhelmed with Africa...not sure what God is trying to tell us but Africa is on our heart??? Here is a bit of a video I took from our wonderful night.
September is over but I wanted to share some photos from last month.
As for October, we're talking about real estate, not sure of the where and when but we're talking. Can't believe we're almost done the first week of October! I love Fall! Time definitely is flying by and I wish I could connect with more people. This work thing really gets in the way of a social life! Both mine and Jonas's!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog